He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 29, 2006

K's health is deteriorating. His blood pressure is 90/40 and his heart rate is 126. He gets out of breath having a bowel movement because even that has become a struggle for him.

Some friends of his have taken him to his hunting lease to put up a deer stand with a wheel chair ramp that they built specially for him. He is so excited. Next week he is getting to go back to Giles Island to have his deer hunt with the cross bow. He is hoping to get the buck he saw with the humongous antlers that he took a picture of while he was there last time. I hope he does too. I am also hoping he will still have the strength in his arms to hold the bow or gun so he can shoot the weapon.

It is time to start making my christmas lists for presents and meals and to start buying some of what's on the lists. Every year I say I'm not waiting to the last minute and I find myself doing just that and having to rush around a few days before christmas eve.

I have been thinking about putting up a tree this christmas, but we have the hospital bed set up in the living room. That is where K wants it and our living room has become a hospital room. He even wants his portable potty chair in the living room. There is not enough room for a sofa or chairs, let alone a christmas tree; I had to get rid of my sofa. There is barely enough room left to maneuver his wheel chair and to walk around. I feel the need to have a long discussion to try and convince him to let me move everything into one of the bedrooms. Am I wrong to want to do that? He makes me feel guilty when I bring up the subject. He tells me I'm in a hurry to get rid of him, I say he can still be in the living room while in his wheel chair. He isn't going to be in the bedroom all the time. When he has to use the potty, everyone has to go on the porch; I just do not feel it is right. I don't understand why he feels our living room should be his sick room.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Leave everything in the living room, I did. I got a very small 3' Christmas tree, and set it in the bow window. My husband died two days before Christmas.

It won't be for very long, and K will be happier. Don't shut him away for even a few minutes! Make his last few day/weeks/months as pleasant as possible.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Thank you grannybird, I will leave everything alone. I didn't think of it as shutting him away, even though he does. We will all always be where he is at. I was thinking of privacy while he has his bodily functions. I see I was interpreting his wishes wrong. Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home