He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blogger is changing again. Is anything ever going to stay the same? I haven't changed to the new blogger yet, 'cause I didn't know what I would be getting into and the intro said once you change over you can't switch back to the old blogger. If anyone has changed, can you let me know what to expect? I have not been practicing with my html like I used to do. I am afraid it would be too complicated for my limited knowledge.

In answer to a question in comments; a family member had received some money in a settlement he had been waiting on and gave us the money to help with getting some home care items for K.

The fluid in K's legs and feet is not disappearing as fast as I thought it would. Possibly because he still will not get out of the chair and onto the bed to elevate his feet. His legs are so red; I am afraid the skin is going to split. And he just sits there like he doesn't care.

He is sleeping constantly now which is causing neck pain because he is hunched over in the wheelchair. The sleeping makes him late with his medicine and he isn't drinking as much fluid as he was last week. The doctor said he needed to drink plenty because of the lasix. I try to wake him up but most of the time he ignores me. I get so frustrated 'cause I see it as he's not trying to take care of his self and he isn't listening to me and it causes me to raise my voice when I talk to him. He tells me to stop hollering at him and then I have to leave the room when the tears start to fall from my eyes. Why isn't he wanting to try and get well? Well, I guess you could say that is what I am feeling. I don't really know what he is feeling; he still won't talk to me.

He won't eat and I can only get him to drink two protein drinks a day. He has developed a sore on his behind. We have a salve that gives him some relief. I try to explain to him that if he would lay on the bed on his side it would help the sore to heal quicker; but he refuses. With the combination of painkillers, not eating or drinking enough and sitting in the wheelchair 24/7, he is also constipated. The doctor told him to take sennacoc. Still he has trouble; but, my lands, if you are not eating, how can you make poop? I tried to ask the doctor, he just says you have to eat to be healthy. Duh! I know this from my own experience, but you can't really make a person eat. As the old saying goes-you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

********************************

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am very sorry for your troubles. I prayed for you and K at church yesterday. My husband wanted to sleep most of the time towards the end, but he wanted to be in bed, except for short times in the wheel chair. How are you managing taking care of him? I hurt my back badly helping my husband from the bed to the wheelchair. He was 6' 2". Is K a big man? My husband had also lost a lot of weight and didn't want to eat when he got real bad. I hate to say it, but K sounds like he has lost the will to go on, because he probably realizes he is near the end. I guess that is just the way it is. May God help you and K!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, can you get a minister in to talk with K? Someone real caring and not too preachy that he'll turn off K's interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home