He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

We had sad news from the doctor today. K is going into heart failure. They have referred us to hospice care.

K has weeping edema in his legs. The fluid has also collected around his lungs and heart. The doctor said his lymph glands are not working right. The doctor said he had so much fluid that even if K stood on his head the fluid would just collect somewhere else. But told K to try elevating his feet and legs for short periods of time to get some relief. This doctor also said that K had a lot of salt in his body. I told him that he is only drinking water and two ensures a day; where is the salt coming from? Of course they look at you like you are telling stories. But it is true; water, ensure, and nicotine, that is all K is taking each day. He is down to 200 pounds and probably most of that is the extra fluid in his body.

K has given up; now he is using the bed, has asked for a bed pan, I am worried he will not want to get out of it.

******************************************

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence, I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Psalm 62:5-8

6 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am very sorry that K is having such a bad time of it. I know that means you are too! Can you stay home with him now, as it probably won't be much longer. Will hospice people come to your home, or is he going to stay at hospice? They take very good care of a person in their last days. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

So sorry, Mrs. P. The birds will continue to pray for you both.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Birds are praying for a miracle on your behalf. So sorry you and K must go through this.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and K Mrs. P.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Birds hope you and K are able to enjoy a little bit of Thanksgiving.

Were your sons able to visit? Your parents?

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Mrs. P, please post an update. Birds are worried about you and K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home