He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, August 26, 2007

It has been a couple of weeks I know; maybe longer and I am getting behind with my blogging. I am either too busy or sleeping. The weekends are great; just not long enough. Thursday and Friday I worked to six to get some extra hours to make up for having to take off Tuesday to be home for the telephone repair man. My phone line had been out of order since august 8th. I didn't know it because I had a dial tone and I was able to make calls. I didn't know that no one had been able to get me.

On the evening of the 15th, I went to bed at nine and was awakened at 10 by the sound of my son's voice. I thought he must be leaving a message on the answering machine. But the tone of his voice didn't sound right; I realized he was calling out to me. The words he was using finally got through the fog in my brain; he was asking if I was okay. I was out of the bed going to the phone when it dawned on me that he was here, at the house. I called out to him that I was all right and found him at the door of the house in his pajamas holding a shotgun. My daughter in law was also there in her nightgown. They had came from their house, thirty miles away, because when he had called all evening, it sounded like I was picking up the phone and hanging up. He thought something was wrong and I couldn't talk so I was signaling for help. He had also called 911 and the police got here right after they did. This is how I found out that I had to have a phone line replaced in my house.

Sunday a tree fell and took down a power line. I called and reported it but the power company didn't get it fixed until monday. I came in from work monday and turned the t.v. on only to find the cable was out. Slow witted as I have become, I didn't think about the cable line coming down when the power line did. I called the cable company and they sent a technician out to replace the digital receiver. He came out and determined it wasn't the box. Duh!!!! Then I tell him about the tree coming down and he says yeah, that's probably what happened. He called the office and they had to send another man out to replace the line. In one week I had three different lines to replace.

Work has been enjoyable. I have a great group of three and four year olds. I miss snuggling with my babies. Several times a week I stop by my old room before I go home and play with the kids.

Last week we had our first case of head lice for this year and of course the little girl was in my room. Ugh!!!! My head started itching as soon as they told me. So far my head has been bug free and no one else has said they have lice.

The succession on my property is finally done. Now I can put my name on the home owner's insurance. That was the last thing with my husband's name on it. Well, the checking account is still in both our name's. The bank said I could keep it like that as long as I wanted. There was no legal reason to change it right away.

I still would like to earn more money. I am praying about this and reading the classifieds. I am also still praying about moving. It is something I want to do but it may not be what God wants me to do. I don't like being here. I don't know why; it is a gut feeling I have that I have not been able to get rid of.

********************************

Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strenghthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded; they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shall seek them, and shall not find them, even them that contended with thee; they that war against thee shall be as nothing and as a thing of nought. For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
Isaiah 41:10-13

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

God will show you the right path to take, if you pray for His help in making your decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home